Letting my hair flourish beautifully in it's natural state.

Friday, January 11, 2013

How I Wash & Go.....




Homemade DC
Air dried hair

Since I've been natural I have been doing wash & Goes, but because of the winter season I do them at night so I could just wash & go sit my behind down somewhere until it dries lol! . I did however take out some box braids I installed and wore for about a month, I took them out almost 2 weeks because I missed my curls too much and because of the texture of my hair, they started to look like I've had them in  for more than a month. Today I did another wash & go, and I used Tresemme' naturals conditioner for a co-wash. I bought it a few days ago, and OMG! I love it. It left my hair feeling really soft, and I must say that I am obsessed with the smell. As soon as I applied it to my hair I felt like I was in heaven, yes it smells that good. I was wondering what all the buzz was about when I've seen most of the natural hair YouTube gurus were using it on their hair, I know why now. I think I've found my first staple product because I would definitely keep purchasing that conditioner. After co-washing, I applied my homemade deep conditioner and let it sit on my head for 30 minutes then rinsed it out. I closed my cuticles with a mixture of whole leaf aloe vera juice and apple cider vinegar. Then I applied my Giovanni direct leave-in conditioner, another product  I've seen being used among other naturals. So I decided to give it a try, it doesn't smell as good as the Tresemme' but it does have a alot of slip, and a little goes a long way. I found it on sale at the vitamin shoppe for about $5.75, the regular price was about $7.94. I am not head over heels in love with it but I would purchase it again. Following the leave-in I applied the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and the curl souffle', then sealed my hair with an oil mixture that I keep in an applicator bottle. Then I proceed to let my hair air dry. After my hair is completely dry I apply the oil to my scalp and edges. I sleep in a satin bonnet at night to ensure that my hair holds moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment