Letting my hair flourish beautifully in it's natural state.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

T.W.A. Protective style.

I want to share the way I style my teeny weeny afro since it is too short for other styles like twists, braids, etc. Lately I have been doing finger coils. I do them after I co-wash and deep condition my hair. To achieve my finger coils I use the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Shea Moisture Curling Souffle, and my oil mixture on my scalp. My co-wash days are Mondays and Thursdays, Thursdays being the day I also deep condition, followed by finger coils. After my hair is cleansed, and I apply my leave-in I section my hair into four parts. Starting with one part at a time, I spray my roots with the Shea Moisture Thickening Moisture Mist, then I apply both the curl enhancing smoothie and the curling souffle, part my hair in small sections then proceed to twist my hair around my finger to create the coils. I continue this method until my whole head is completed, it takes me a good 2 hours. I leave the coils in until Monday, then proceed to do my wash & go and just letting my hair air dry. I have been doing this routine for the past 2 weeks. I unravel the coils the next day for work, they look better as the days pass allowing me to get second, third and fourth day hair. I will continue with this routine until the end of this month.

Final Results

Next Day Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment